Friday, March 4, 2011

Britney Spears Explains Her Definition Of Femme Fatale

'The bitch is back and better than ever!' the pop singer jokingly declares in her new V magazine cover story.
By Jocelyn Vena


Britney Spears
Photo: V Magazine

Britney Spears' spread in V magazine finally hit newsstands on Thursday (March 3). In the cover story, in which Spears opens up about her forthcoming album, Femme Fatale, the star also chats about what qualities define that mysterious type of woman.

She says, "[A femme fatale is] a woman who is sexy and strong, dangerous and mysterious, cool and confident."

As displayed in a number of song teases and even first single "Hold It Against Me," Femme Fatale certainly has an emphasis on club bangers. And Spears reveals in the V chat which tune off the album she's most looking forward to having fans hear. "I really love 'On the Rocks' because it sounds so different from anything I have ever heard," she explains. "It's so cool and quirky."

The decision to make a dance record mostly came from Spears, who admits that she prefers to make tunes that will get fans out on the floor. "I like music that makes you move and connects with your soul. I like to feel inspired right away when I listen to new music," she says. "I always have songs being sent to me from new artists and producers from all over the world, which is really cool. From there I just follow my heart."

Spears certainly has a strong message for her fans, and perhaps even for the critics who may wonder if the star still has what it takes to compete in an overpopulated pop universe. Her message for them: "That the bitch is back and better than ever!"

She continues, "I love making new music for my fans, I love performing for my fans, and most importantly, I love my fans. I am so lucky to have their support. They drive me."

Also in the issue, Spears talks about the media scrutiny she's endured in recent years, as well as discussing her life now as both a pop star and a mom to her two young sons. "I'm past all of that. I try to block it all out and not pay attention to anything they write about me in the magazines or online. I'm done with that," she explains. "I think it's easier to let people in when you're younger, but when I became a mother I wanted more privacy for myself and my children. A life away from my life."

Spears insists that she has no plans to fade into obscurity anytime soon, while admitting that she would focus on motherhood if she had never become a pop star. "I'd be a full-time mom, which would be cool. I'd miss my fans and all of the love the most, but I definitely would not miss having my picture taken everywhere I go," she says. :I wouldn't miss showering in arenas either. So gross!"

So how would she like to be remembered in the future? "[I hope my legacy is] two amazing boys and a lot of music that hopefully brings a lot of people a lot of happiness," she explains.

What do you think about Britney's comments to V magazine? Tell us in the comments.

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Ciara Amber Brkich Avril Lavigne Ana Paula Lemes Pamela Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment